At Mustad, fishing isn't our only passion. We aim to develop innovative fishing gear with experienced and enthusiastic people. Growing as a company involves hiring motivated employees who think and work like we do.
If you have just as much of a passion for fishing and the outdoors as we do, you might find yourself right at home in the Mustad family. Please don't hesitate to apply if you see an open position that matches your set of skills and experience.
Regional Sales Representative
Field Sales Manager
Southern California, Texas, Louisiana
This position is responsible for the sale of the organization's products in a specified region or major geographical area and provides ongoing support to various product distribution channels.
- Develops and increases sales revenue within the appointed territory to meet assigned targets.
- Works closely with buyers, merchandisers, and marketers to grow the Mustad brand(s) throughout all applicable categories.
- Communicates with customers to identify and understand their product needs; identifies and suggests products to meet those needs.
- Assists customers with account strategies, planning, and ordering to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction is maintained.
- Is actively involved in new customer sales orientation and sales training programs.
- Demonstrates the functions and utility of products or services to customers.
- Ensures customer satisfaction through ongoing communication and relationship management; resolves any issues that may arise.
- Maintains communication with existing customers, alerting them of new products and programs that may be of interest.
- Maintains detailed reports of sales activities including calls, orders, sales, lost business, new customers and any customer or vendor relationship problems.
- Acts as a resource to customers regarding new opportunities and proposals.
- Assists with the planning of sales promotions and other customer related retail and wholesale promotional activities.
- Keeps informed of new products, services, and other general information of interest to customers.
- Checks on competitive activity and develops new methods of retaining customers and adding new accounts.
- Troubleshoots problems regarding products and services.
- Answers questions from customers and handles complaints.
- Works closely with customer service to assure proper order processing and fulfillment.
- Provides periodic territory sales forecasts.
- Attends various trade shows as applicable.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Competencies and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Strong communication skills.
- High degree of personal accountability and conscientiousness.
- Results driven.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates from the employee’s remote location/home office and throughout the sales territory/region. At times it will be required that the employee work from the regional headquarters, which is a professional office environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. It may be required for employee to use computer monitors for extended periods of time.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time and must work 40 hours each week. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This position requires between 60% and 80% travel. It is expected that the Regional Sales Representative be available to travel to customer locations 3 to 4 days per week, as conditions allow. There may be periods of increased travel above and beyond this estimate. Frequently travel is outside the local area and overnight. Some international travel may be required. A valid passport or the ability to acquire a valid passport is required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
O. Mustad & Son Americas, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
The Company will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you need assistance to perform your job duties because of a physical or mental condition, please let the Head of Human Resources know. The Company will endeavor to accommodate the sincere religious beliefs of its employees to the extent such accommodation does not pose an undue hardship on the Company's operations.